Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Coffee Talk over Tunes

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures". --Thornton Wilder
Two things that I’m thankful for today:

  1. Songs that let me be 16 years old again – There are just certain songs that I love rocking out to in my car as I drive down the highway, hopefully with no one in close sight, so I can sing as loudly as I want, do a little karo-acting at the wheel, and leave my worries on the side of the road.  I’m not kidding when I say that these songs (for me) truly make me feel better after I turn them on, turn up the volume & just close my eyes (which is why no one needs to be close) and pretend I’m on stage.  I hope you know what I’m talking about.  If not, will you just pretend so I don’t feel so silly & immature?!  Or how about this…turn them on tomorrow & see what you think for yourself.  Some great examples:
Rhianna – We Found Love
Katy Perry – Teenage Dream or Last Friday Night
Selena Gomez – Love You like a Love Song (I know what that Justin Bieber kid sees in her!  She can really belt out a tune!)
Cascada – Evacuate the Dance floor – you know this song even if you think you don’t!  You know that catchy Xbox 360 commercial with all the people dancing to the game?  Yep, that’s it!  Now you’re nodding your head, aren’t you?!  Pretty good tune, huh?

  1. Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate – So, I’m pretty sure Starbucks shoots some kind of chemical gas/drug through their store vents starting around October 1.  No matter what I go in for, I always come out with a venti machi-frappa-salted-caramal-extra-whip-no-soy-add-caffeine latte.  And a CD (of some artist I’ve never heard of).  And a travel mug.  And a bag of coffee beans.  And a pack of breath mints.   And a newspaper.  None of which I set out to buy when I entered the joint.  I went in to buy a gift card & left without it.  Cause of the chemical gas/drug they shoot through the vents.  So…you can only imagine my delight when I discovered that Coffeemate was going to start carrying a Peppermint Mocha flavored creamer for coffee.  Seriously, yall, it’s what gets me out of bed some mornings.  A peppermint mocha is a favorite of mine from Starbucks, but I really can’t justify going to that drugged environment for one thing (the coffee) & always leaving with so much more (the cd, mug, coffee beans, mints & newspaper).  Now I can avoid the gas, get my java & save a few bucks, too.  Hahahaha Starbucks….Coffeemate is on to you!  Just wait till they come out with their own CD’s & breath mints.  Then you’re really going to be in trouble.  Check this out in the freezer/refrigerated section of your local grocery store.  It’s absolutely delish…
xoxo,
Kim 

1 comment:

  1. They sell the peppermint mocha coffeemate creamer all year long here. HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete