Friday, November 4, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. --Cynthia Ozick

Today I am thankful for:

Cullan, my personal trainer – Maybe it’s because I just thoroughly savored every bite I took of a slice of Holy Shitake! pizza from Mellow Mushroom.  Maybe it’s because I cursed him terribly (in my head) last night when he told me to do walking lunges AND squats – both with weights.  Maybe it’s because he’s 22 years old, about 8 ft tall, has not an ounce of fat on his body, was a 4 year starting baseball player & does ab work with me – just for the fun of it (you know, since he’s already worked out today & done his own set of death crunches).  Whatever the real reason, today I am thankful for my adorable personal trainer, Cullan.  He & I started working together when I solicited the help of a trainer to help me get in better shape for the 3-Day walk in Atlanta.  When I explained to him what I was doing (60 miles in 3 days to raise money & awareness) he acted as if I had just spoken to him in Japanese, a language for which he is not fluent.  I felt the same exact way when he explained to me that I would have to run a mile’s worth of wind sprints on the indoor track.  No comprende.  Really, he’s exactly what I needed in my workout life right now and I am so thankful for every ache & pain I feel right this minute because of him and those damn lunges & squats. 

Happy Friday, y'all!

xoxo,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment